Cyclescheme is the UK's most popular cycle to work benefit, creating more cyclists than any other provider.

If you are a working adult aged 16 or over, you are eligible to join Cyclescheme. Your employer needs to be signed up and your earnings should be more than the National Minimum Wage after the salary sacrifice is taken from your gross salary. To find out more about eligibility, visit our FAQs.

I know my employer code

If you've decided on your dream cycle-to-work package, chosen a Retailer and you're ready to roll - it's time to log in and apply. As you know your employer code, please enter it in the employer code box on our homepage then click 'Let's get started'. 

Go to our homepage  

I don't know my employer code

An employer code allows you to apply via your specific employer's scheme. You may not know your employer code for a few reasons...

  • Is your employer signed up? Ask your line manager or contact your HR department.
  • Are you self-employed? You can sign yourself up as long as you pay your tax via PAYE.
  • You've forgotten the code? Contact your line manager or contact Cyclescheme.

Employer search tool

You can search for your employer by name our homepage. If you still cannot find them your best bet is to ask your boss or HR contact or contact Cyclescheme.

Search for your employer

Useful links

You haven't got an employer code?      VISIT OUR FAQS
You are an employer yourself and wish to sign up!      VISIT OUR EMPLOYER AREA
You would like to encourage your employer to sign-up.      INVITE YOUR EMPLOYER
You'd like to contact Cyclescheme?      CONTACT US

Can I apply FAQs

  • Can I apply for cycle to work schemes without an employer?

If you're unemployed or self-employed you sadly cannot take part in Cyclescheme. As you don't pay PAYE tax you cannot sacrifice your salary tax efficiently. 

  • Why can't those that are self-employed use cycle to work schemes?

Cycle to work schemes operate as salary sacrifice schemes. This means that in order to take part in a cycle to work scheme you need to pay tax and National Insurance through PAYE.

As a sole trader, you will pay income tax and National Insurance once a year based on your profits, under Self Assessment. This in effect means that you don't actually receive a salary, and without a salary to sacrifice you're unable to take part in a cycle to work scheme such as Cyclescheme.

  • Can I apply for cycle to work schemes if I'm a company director?

Yes, you can take part in cycle to work schemes if you're a director of a limited company, even if you're the only employee - assuming you pay yourself a salary through PAYE and you are designated as an employee then your salary simply needs to exceed National Minimum Wage (NMW) after the salary sacrifice is deducted from your gross salary. If you are a non-executive director then you may be able to avail of the scheme from the PAYE portion of your salary without being concerned about whether it takes you below NMW (as you are exempt from this).

↓ More information