Cyclescheme is the UK's most popular cycle to work benefit, creating more cyclists than any other provider.

Cyclescheme Case Study


Malcolm Hollis is an independent commercial building consultancy with 14 people located in their Dublin office. The company encourages employee wellness with initiatives such as offering healthy food options, encouraging employees to be more physically active through access to Cyclescheme’s benefits; a popular part of the package of benefits offered to employees, and creating a committee to oversee an employee wellbeing programme.

Since the company moved to their current location on Baggot Street in Dublin, where there is now new availability of amenities for cyclists, such as showers, hairdryers and secure bike parking, almost half of their employees (6 out of 14) now choose to cycle into work.

The company encourages employee wellness through a variety of benefits, with Cyclescheme being a popular part of their package.

The office has a sustainable ethos, with 40% of people cycling in, and the other 60% typically using public transport to reach the office. Recent industrial action by Luas and DART drivers has meant that employees who aren’t cycling face uncertainty due to delays.

Senior Administrator Mary Hutchin is one employee who recently switched to cycling to work and is experiencing many benefits, saying:

“It’s great cycling in to work – I always know that I will be into work on time, whereas with public transport you never quite know if there will be significant delays. Sometimes a half hour journey on the train might actually take an hour if there are cancellations! Being late to work is naturally quite stressful so it’s fantastic to avoid that entirely.

There are health benefits too – I notice I drink more water than I usually would when I have cycled in and I also definitely feel more energised in the morning. I would recommend cycling to everyone, it’s great to see how it has taken off in the office.” 

Malcolm Holiis team Malcolm Holiis team

More information Malcolm Hollis was founded in 1971 and is one of the leading independent commercial building surveying consultants in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe, with a network of 19 offices. They are committed to delivering and maintaining sustainable built environments and value being enthusiastic, challenging and supportive.